Monday 12 September 2011

Week 7

Thanks for all the emails this week, I've never gotten so many emails! So Elder Malo has joined me in Reedley, he is awesome, he is originally from Mexico City but now lives in California so he's not too far away from home. He has been out for 8 months, he joined the church three years ago so it's cool to have a recent convert as a companion. He is super nice and I am so glad that I have him as a companion because we are having so much fun and having more success than last transfer. He is also helping me a lot more with my Spanish which I really appreciate. This past week has been good. We had transfers on Wednesday and bishop took us out to lunch at the Chinese buffet. On Saturday we went to church grape vineyard an hour away where we picked grapes which will become raisins, it was a new experience but not that exciting...I feel bad for all the field workers who do that all day every day, thats got to be tough. After grapes we went to In n Out, we walked in and a guy gave us a twenty dollar bill so we got free lunch and some extra money. This week we've been treated really well, five members took us out to eat which I don't mind at all. So Glorias baptism is this Sunday and she asked me to baptize her so I'm excited for that, a little nervous because I've never done it before but it will be cool. We are also working with a 13 year old girl who is going to be baptized on the 25 so hopefully that all works out. We are also working with Diego who is my favorite investigator, he loves the missionaries and said that he is going to be baptized, he just doesn't know when so hopefully that its soon. This upcoming week we have a seventy coming to visit and on Sunday its Glorias baptism so this should be a good week.. Thanks for the update on the ravens, all the members let me know last night that the ravens won so I was really happy, especially because it was against the Steelers and we crushed them.

So it sounds like life is going to get a little more crazy now that your bishop. As soon as you were getting in a good routine and things were getting relaxed, they called you as bishop. It sounds like that is going to keep you busy for the next 5 or so years. Thats cool that Alan Cheung is in the bishopric, he will do really good. How big is the ward now? Church is keeping you busy so I guess the quote is true, "The gospel comforts the afflicted and afflicts the comfortable" That's crazy that in less than a month that Laura is going to be home. The weather here isn't as crazy as your having over there, its sunny all day every day but it sounds like your having a lot of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment