Monday 15 August 2011

Week 3

I'm glad you got that text from the member because I thought I wouldn't have any emails to read so thats good that you got that.

So this week was really good. It went by really quick probably because were working so hard, the whole day just flies by. So on Friday night we committed David to baptism, he's been investigating for about a year but he's finally committed so he's planning on getting baptized on September 3 but he's got to get married so we need to get on that. On Sunday night we also committed Gloria to baptism. She is in her 40's and is a caretaker for one of the older members in the ward so they referred us to her and we have only taught her twice but shes really excited to get baptized. She is from the Philippines and speaks pretty good English but we have to teach very simply because of her limited vocab but I'm excited because she is getting baptized on August 28 so we should have two baptisms before the transfer. It's awesome to finally see results from working so hard, the previous weeks no one was progressing so its nice to finally see our hard work pay off and were excited for our other investigators also. Zone conference was good, our car was so clean that we got 50 extra miles so thats an extra day of not riding bikes! But the actual conference was good, President gave a lot of good instruction. To sum it up he wants each companionship to baptize one person each month but starting on January 1 he wants the mission to get 2000 baptisms next year and the mission gets about 1000 a year so he's really planning on taking this to the next level. So it looks like were going to have to baptize 2 people a month next year so thats exciting. About the whole transfer thing, the next transfer is September 7 so were half way through this one but I think that I will be step trained by Elder Glowa next transfer and then stay in Reedley after he leaves so that would be awesome and I hope that happens. President also challenged us to read the entire Book of Mormon by Christmas eve so I guess I will start over and read it through by Christmas. Oh, also at zone conference the new missionaries share their testimonies so I had to do that but it went well and then on Sunday I had to give a talk but theirs only about 70-80 people at church so wasn't too nervous because their wasn't many people. None of the people in my zone are from the MTC so that kinda sucks but eventually I will be so I'm looking forward to that because I would be companions with any of them and be very happy. We have trainee/trainer meeting in Fresno on Friday where we all go and get instruction so I'll see everyone from the MTC so it will be cool to see how everyone is doing. And then on Monday to Wednesday I'm doing an exchange with the zone leaders so I'm going to be with one of the zone leaders in their area which is about an hour away so that will be cool to do that and then on Wednesday were going to temple so that is going to be our Pday next week. Sorry for the confusion, I thought it was this week but I got the weeks mixed up so you won't hear from me until next Wednesday. My companion is the district leader so he has to go and do an exchange with each companionship at least once each transfer so this week and next week he is going to their area and I stay here so that should be cool to kinda be in charge of what happens. Besides from all this, we've been working hard trying to find people to teach and get our investigators to progress. I'm liking it more and more as each week passes and I know that things will get better. Things are becoming more enjoyable as I keep myself busy and give myself more responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment