Monday 5 December 2011

Week 19

So another great week. The work is really taking off thanks to the members. We are working with a lot of part member families right now and are hoping for another two baptisms this month. We also have Breise in January before the next transfer so were finding a lot of people that are ready to accept the gospel. We had Josefinas baptism yesterday and it went pretty well but it was kinda stressful because most people showed up late and then a person that said they were doing a talk didn't show up so no baptisms so far have been easy. Also, the elders we asked to fill up the font only filled it half way so Elder Malo had a challenge but he did it but after she came up so she was choking so Elder Malo and I don't want to baptize the next person because we nearly drown them! Sunday night we came back to Reedley and watched the Christmas Devotional. After that we had two dinners so it was a good day. This morning we played basketball with some elders and members so it was good to get a good work out but I can't touch the rim anymore so I think I'm going on a diet, I weigh like 175 now so I've put on about 10 pounds so far. So the weather around here has cooled down which is nice, it gets in the 30's at night but nothing below that. Oranges are being picked next week so were excited to get a bunch of oranges straight off the tree. I really hope that I don't end up like Laura and be in my first area for a whole year. I'm glad that I'm here another transfer for all the baptisms and we are treated so well by the members.

Only a couple weeks until Christmas, I'm excited to talk to you all. So I think that I have 45 minutes to talk so not much time and no skype I don't think. Have a good week and will talk to you next week. Love you and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment