Monday 23 January 2012

Week 26

Thanks for all the emails. This was a good week as we have been really busy and working hard. We found ten new investigators this week and are finding a lot of people to teach. We also moved up Marias baptism to Jan. 29 instead of Feb.12! We found her less than two weeks ago, actually my second day in this area and she came to church twice already and wants to be baptized this week so that was unexpected but were excited for it. I don't really like the idea of someone joining the church that quick but she is ready so she is going to be baptized this week. Also went pruning on Saturday, first time it really rained since I got to Fresno so the vineyard was messy and muddy but it was fun and learned how to prune grape vines so I have a new skill. Church was also good as we had another new investigator come to church and then we gave him a church tour after the meetings so a lot of good things are happening. This week we have a zone conference so that should be good, and probably an exchange with Reedley so I might return and grace them with my presence once again. Oh, Kamau who is an investigator in Reedley, who Elder Malo and I found while biking is getting baptized on the 4th of Feb. so I'm excited that I'll be able to go to that baptism. Both Maria and Kamau were found through our "own efforts" and not through a member so they will be my first baptisms through our own efforts finding. They are rare because most people are found through members so these two baptisms will be special. Well thats all that is happening with me

Sounds like you had a great week. Thats awesome that Jess is on winter/fall semester, so that she can be there with emily and laura at the same time, thats weird their all there at the same time. I'm the odd one out now being on winter spring, I guess I will have to transfer to BYU. I haven't weighed myself in a while because I'm scared to see what it is but I'm starting a new exercise routine so hopefully that will help. I got the package this week, thanks for sending all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment