Monday 30 July 2012

Week 53

Last Monday was a little different as I went with an elder when he had his surgery so I spent all day at the hospital with him and then back at the apartment while he recovered from the drugs.  So our preparation day was on Tuesday so we lost two days last week,  but it was our best week for this area in months.  Cinthia came to church again and is back on board for getting baptized.  She was supposed to be baptized while ago , but the week before she went to a church dance and her skirt was too short so one of the leaders told her that she couldn't go and was quite rude so she was turned off by that,  but she's going to girls camp this week and the following week,  August 11, she'll be baptized.  She's been reading the book of Mormon and is in Jacob so she is doing well.  Transfers are coming up – the call is this weekend so I'll let you know next week what's happening, I think I'll be staying here in Merced,  but transfers are unpredictable.  So a couple nights ago we were teaching an investigator and her friend was there who was not fully there in the head,  and as we were walking away after the lesson, she squeezed my butt and gave me a tooshie squeeze.  It was so embarrassing because our team-up was a girl who just back from BYU-I and getting ready to put in her papers and she saw it so I got embarrassed and probably red in the face, She was so surprised,  we had to explain later that normally doesn't happened in the mission field.  That was the first time that happened and hopefully the last.  My Spanish is improving a lot now everything is in Spanish and am forced to learn it as my other areas was mostly English.  I hit my 14 month mark and also this week, my year mark of being in the mission field.  Time is flying and the weeks are super quick, because were busy.  The branch is great they love us and have dinner every night.  We got a mission leader this Sunday because we don’t have one, and he just moved here and his is awesome so the work will defiantly improve.  My companion is defiantly not my first choice but I've survived and I told President I could do another 6 weeks with him.  My foot is good, I can walk, but can't play sports until September so it will have been 4 months without playing sports.  Thanks for all writing me, love you and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment